Our Carolina Cottage is based on one of the South's most familiar house types-the raised cottage. Commonly found along the Atlantic Coast and in the Sandhills area between the Coastal Plain and the Piedmont, it is raised on piers and features a distinctive double-pitched roof. In the back of the house, shed dormers, sometimes called "cat slides" in this part of the South, bring light to upstairs rooms. A double set of stairs with a center landing leads guests up to the front porch, and the large back porch can be screened, if desired. House walls are of flush siding under the porches and lap siding elsewhere. Chimney and support piers are masonry with a stucco finish. Exterior walls can be stained a natural gray; windows and doors can be painted antique red with a soft-white trim. The style of the house is country formal, and the floor plan offers simple comfort. The plan is practical, too, with most of the rooms offering multiple uses. The plan was designed by Dean Winesett of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. moreBuy This Plan 1971 Sq. Ft, 3 Bedroom(s), 3 Bath(s)
History prevails in the design of this cabin, which recalls the simplicity of the vernacular building form known as the dogtrot (a house bisected by a center hall). It's actually two cabins in one. The front porch and center hall are shared spaces, allowing the two units to function as one when desired. Each bedroom includes an indented wall between the closets that's the perfect niche for an armoire or a large chest of drawers. Included in each unit is space for a stackable washer and dryer. A fireplace is the center of each living area. Dogtrot is a great vacation home for two couples to share. This open plan was designed by William H. Phillips, Jr., of Dauphin Island, Alabama, for our Cabin Collection. moreBuy This Plan 1256 Sq. Ft, 2 Bedroom(s), 2 Bath(s)
• Designed by William H. Phillips, Jr., of Dauphin Island, Alabama
• Ceiling heights: 9 feet first floor, 8 feet second floor
• This cabin is a larger version of our popular Deer Run plan.
• Hunting Creek's board-and-batten exterior creates a rustic ambience.
• Inside, an inviting stone fireplace in the family room provides a cozy spot to spend the evening.
• Upstairs, there is a bedroom, bath and study/loft area. moreBuy This Plan 1585 Sq. Ft, 2 Bedroom(s), 2 Bath(s)